Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Roger's Mix Version 2.0: Funny Fucking Special Edition

May 2001, May 2002 - Roger's Mix Version 2.0: Funny Fucking Special Edition

This one is a tragedy of sorts in that... well... it doesn't exist anymore.

This one came around soon after the first one, as I started to accumulate some comedy material (Adam Sandler, The Jerky Boys, ect). I was itching to make another mix tape, so, after compiling some of the comedy material, and some random funny songs I had, I made Roger's Mix Version 2.0: Funny Fuck Edition.

Once again, I remade the mix as a CD and renamed it Roger's Mix Version 2.0: Funny Fucking Special Edition. However, I almost completely over hauled it. Most of the song portions were deleted as the power of internet exposed me to tons of comedic skits and sound bites. The dominate presence on this album was my discovery of Arnold Schwarzenegger prank calls as the CD featured 4, and even had Arnold as the cover art. It wound up being a great CD to have around the lunch table to hand the headphones off to random kids and be like "Hear this!".

The tragedy is in that the CD art, after time, ripped the top side of the CD off... and I didn't have the CD backed up on my hard drive. While I do have some of the tracks, a good majority of them are now forgotten to me.

This did set a few precedents though. This was the first mix that I distributed amongst the kids at school. My closest friend Mike, though, was annoyed as I took the cow skit from Adam Sandler's "What The Hell Happened To Me", and chopped it up so that portions of it appeared in between every few tracks. In the CD version though, I left the track uncut, which my friend liked better, as it was easier to skip over.

This was also the first CD to have a theme to it, something I would use to great extent in future editions of the series. While the theme didn't translate well in the original mix tape (it contained some techno oriented tracks that were more dance oriented than comedic), the CD version, highlighted by the Arnold pranks, had many people dying from laughter from start to finish.

Tracklist (Original Mix Tape)
Unknown

Tracklist (CD Special Edition Re-Release)
Unknown
Possible Inclusions Are:
Fatboy Slim - Heaven
Adam Sandler - Joining the Cult
Arnold Calls Some Guy's Mom
Star Wars Gangstah Rap
Adam Sandler - The Adventures Of The Cow
Arnold Calls Mrs. Cleo
Stoned On Sesame Street
Adam Sandler - Memory Lane
Arnold Calls A Drunk Guy
Arnold Calls A Drunk Guy Again

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yuki Wanna listen to it~!!
lols

XDDDDDDDDDDDD

11:21 PM, April 02, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home