Monday, December 31, 2007

Best and Worst Movies of 2007

I did this last year when TR had a forum, and I wanna do it again.

I was just wondering what everyone's favorite and least favorite movies of the year were and why. I'm a big movie buff and always want to know what people think. Here is my list.

Favorites
1. Live Free Or Die Hard - GODDAMN was this movie fun! I was really afraid a PG-13 rating and a stink cash-in feel was going to ruin my all time favorite action franchise. Damn was I wrong! This movie was just exciting from start to finish. I loved every second of it, ESPECIALLY that Len Wiseman didn't rely on CG, but real stunts. Bravo. THIS is how to revive a franchise!

2. 300 - This movie was intense. Fantastic action, brilliant presentation, and a good message behind the film that I enjoyed. Not to mention it spawned one of the most nonsensical internet fads ever!

3. Planet Terror - This somabitch just oozed style, and perfectly captured the feel of the late 70's/early 80's grindhouse films. It was so ridiculous, and filled with winks and noods to fans of the genre and fans of Rodriguez. Girl with Machinegun leg ftw!

4. The Simpsons Movie - The Simpsons still have life in them, even after being around for almost 20 years! It was really great to see another film based on an aging franchise that took full advantage of the license. Not to mention bringing back almost all of the original writers (except Conan O'Brien) was absolute genius.

5. Aliens versus Predator: Requiem - Best improvement over a prequel since Die Hard With A Vengeance. The first film was just absolute garbage, but this movie made me hope there is a future for the franchise. Finally, we get to see a predator fight off hordes of aliens. No gimmicky fucking pyramids, no human centric plot, no self righteous artistic interpretation, just a predator killing a whole bunch of aliens and humans getting caught in the cross fire. Now... if they would only make a plot for the 3rd one...

Die In Hell
1. Transformers - Way to rape my childhood Michael Bay! I can imagine the board meeting when they came up with this, "Lets make a movie about Transformers, but have it be about the human impact of the robot war! It'll give it extra depth!... and lets throw in some masturbation jokes" Too bad the idea was horribly executed, the lead actor was as annoying as Kana's singing, the bulk of the Decepticons didn't even appear until the last 20 minutes.... wow I can go on for a while about how absolutely horrible this film was, not to mention I just about threw my soda at the screen when Bumble Bee took a piss on John Turturro. And what was up with that lame ass "Bumble Bee can't talk" sub-plot? Damnit I can go on for a while. I was really hoping I would have to see another movie as bad as Superman Returns, but then this. Ok, I'm done... unless someone gets me going again.

2. Spider-Man 3 - Yeah yeah, I know. I did that whole Spider-Man special the day this came out... I shouldn't have. One of the biggest movie disappointments of my life. The acting seemed off, the direction Sam Raimi took was odd, there were plot holes big enough that you could drive a semi-truck through it, and made no use of Venom at all. Just killed him off after he had about 1 minute of screen time. Lame.

3. BloodRayne 2 - Why? Why God Why? You must hate me. What have I done to deserve a sequel to what is probably the worst movie of all time? At least this one was kinda funny-bad at parts. I suppose it would be fun to watch this with a group of friends and just MST3K the shit outta it though.

4. Shrek The Third - This franchise was getting old after the first highly overrated installment. This was just boring. I didn't even chuckle during it. Puss-In-Boots couldn't even inject charm into this sequel.

5. Pirates of the Carribean: At World's End - I put this on here because they did the same thing they did in Dead Man's Chest and it just urks me this much that I'm saying its one of the worst films of the year: How does Orlando Bloom get more screen time than Depp? This is Depp's movie, why was he barely in it? I spent most of the movie just waiting for Captain Jack scenes, and just didn't get enough. It just wound up pissing me off.


I just wanna say this is a list based on films I have seen this year. Overall, I loved my action movies this year. Which is good coz the action film felt like a dying franchise for a bit there. As for my least favorites, I couldn't help but notice the 4 top money making films of the year are on there, and one I bet most of you didn't even know existed.

So, what do you guys think?

-Roger

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pirates 3 was good though ;_; I thought it was anyway....

As for awesome moves:

1. 300 - omgomgogmgomgomgomg.
2. Die Hard - this was just fucking fun
3. Across the Universe - Because when people take Beatles' songs and remake them, and make a musical out of them, success rate is 89%.
4. Perfume - Since I'm a photo whore, this movie was any photographer's orgasmic dream. It's gorgeous like wow.
5. Mr Brooks - I love these type of movies. Inside the mind of a serial killer movies are amazing to me, and this is a very underrated film.
6. Ironman trailer - ohgodohgodohgod *orgasm*

Hated:

1. Harry Potter 5 - They end up dropping the bar for each movie with each movie. And this one was terrible. I couldn't even feel sorry for the dood who died when he died. And all the special effects were shit.
2. Spider-man 3 - I WANT MORE VENOM! MOTHERFUCKERS KILLED VENOM IN THE END OF THIS MOVIE WHAT THE FUCK YOU DON'T DO STUPID ASS SHIT LIKE THAT AFHADIUGHIBDGIUBADGIUABDGIUBAGSDIUBADGIUBGA.
3. Transformers - big pretty special effects a good movie does not make. Not to mention TOO MANY HUMANS.
4. Shrek 3 - ...???
5. Alvin and the Chipmunks - WHATTHEFUCKOMGWHYGODWHY?! I didn't even see it but it makes me cry inside.

6:23 PM, December 31, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*pokes*

Wow. You updated.
ahahahahahaha

2:22 PM, January 03, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home