Saturday, May 05, 2007

My Spider-Man 3 Review

Ok, everyone's been asking me since the big show last week, "How was it!?".

Well... I'm sure most of you have seen the overwhelming disappointed reviews with the film all over the web... and I agree with them. My worst fears basically came true as they tried to do too much shit in one 2 1/2 hour setting, and gave none of the plot lines the full focus they deserved... and don't even get me STARTED on how the film treated Venom!

I wanna give a full review, but I know a lot of people reading this haven't seen the film yet. So, I will only make a few short points. This film will only disappoint people who are deep into the Spider-Man mythos. The action scenes are damn well done, and the film's story itself, stands. However, if you've ever had a debate like we had on the show the other night, you're gonna walk out shaking you head. The film, exactly like X-Men: The Last Stand, just tried to include way too much, and as a result, couldn't give any plotline the right amount of focus it deserved. Seriously, this film had more sub-plots than Crash! The only problem is, most of these sub-plots shouldn't have been sub-plots (*cough*VENOM*cough).

However, just because I was disappointed with it doesn't mean its a bad film. It's definitely the worst of the series, but it's still a good movie to watch. I was honestly really digging it (especially the ridiculous Jazz club scene that was reminiscent of The Mask where Peter gets in touch with his inner Fonzie) until the last 20 minutes of the film, when I realized they were gonna wrap everything up in this film. I can honestly equate it to getting an awesome blow-job, only to be jerked off to a climax (analogy stolen from Kevin Smith). It was all like "WTF!?!?". But this sentiment, once again, will only be felt by Spidey fans. The casual fan should have no problem enjoying this film.

At least it wasn't the complete and utter disaster that Superman Returns was.

-Roger

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home