Saturday, May 08, 2010

do you own an animal

I actually grew up on a farm in the south eastern most area of Pennsylvania. We had a host of animals there. Dogs, cats, horses, chickens, and a ton others. Unfortunately, right when TR left FM and started the Internet Radio Network, I lost my home of 20 years. This was when I moved in with my grandfather... who will not let me own anything. It sux because I am so used to having animal companions around, I almost feel lonely not having something bounce up into my lap that I can pet while doing work, or curl up with me when I fall asleep.

Before I moved, I did have a cat that I adobted from my ex-girlfriend. This was a real nasty cat too. Hated everyone. Clawed the fucken hell outta my arm the first time I tried picking it up. But, I was a dog person all of my life, and in what may not have been a smart move with other cats, I treated it like a dog. However, it worked and we kinda bonded that way. She hated everyone else, but really started warming up to me. It got to the point were, even though back then I had a bunk bed, and always slept on this top bunk, this cat who hated everyone would find a way to climb up to my top bunk and curl up in my lap and fall asleep. When my grandfather wouldn't let me keep it, I had to let my father take it with him to Kentucky. And no one living down there likes her, so I feel bad for them and her. Also, every now and then when I can visit, I realize she's pretty much forgotten who I am. I mean, she's been living there for 3 years now, and my time with her was only 6 months.

I have some other heart wrenching animal stories to, but I gotta run to work! mAYBE SOME OTHER TIME!

Just don't hurt me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home