Saturday, May 08, 2010

OMG! i do use this :D favorite song of all times?

Wow, this is a hard one. Sometimes it depends on when you catch me, but for the past few years its been between Malice Mizer's Shiori, Metallica's Fade To Black, and X Japan's Art Of Life. All 3 songs have moved me to tear and are exquisitely powerful in their own rights, but sometimes, Art of Life takes the edge as it hit me in a time in my life when the lyrics really spoke to me and it was something I could personally relate to. I remember listening to it almost every day during my 45 minute daily drive to college really thinking about the way the song was composed, the meaning of the lyrics, and my situation in life at the time. A lot of people bash that piano solo, but (at least in my own personal interpretation), I know why its there and will defend it to the death as an integral part of the song.

The other song I love for other reasons, but as I insinuated, in terms of lyrical content, atm I have to go with Art of Life. For Shiori, I never really had a personal thing for vampires, which may surprise a lot of you as I have worked with 2 vampire bands so far, but I was always more of an alien guy when it comes to things that go bump in the night. And as for Fade To Black, never really been suicidal.

Ask me anything

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home