Sunday, February 12, 2006

I need fooooooooood

Pretty clockwork show last week. Here's the playlist:

Lolita 23q - Gokusaishiki Castle
SID - Alibi
Phantasmagoria - Mikansei to Guilt
MUCC - Bouzenjishitsu
*The Kosher Junk*
*The Sakurai Atsushi Related Music Block*
Buck-Tick - Romance
Sakurai Atsushi - Sacrifice (Last Confused Mix)
Schwein - Spank The Monkey
KMFDM - Free Your Hate
* www.myspace.com/ndws , I hate Myspace*
Isebelle - Stage Again
BLOOD - Caught In The Spiral
*New Rock* 12012 - Wriggle Girls
Suicide Ali - Favorite Song
*New Rock* Gackt - Redemption
X - Vanishing Love
X - Orgasm
HORSE The Band - Cutsman
Dir en grey - Clever Sleazoid
*New Rock* Kagrra, - Chikai no tsuki
D - Sleeper
Sisters of Mercy - Lucretia My Reflection
*New Rock* Gazette - Bathroom
The Back Horn - Ikusen Kounen no Kodoku
*New Rock* Alicenine - Kyuu Ryuu-NINE HEADS RODEO SHOW-
*Featured Artist of the Week* The Pillows - My Foot
The Pillows - Disintegration
HIM - Rip Off The Wings of a Butterfly
The Rasmus - In My Life
The 69 Eyes - Brandon Lee
*New Rock* Phantasmagoria - Shinsokyoku - Variant Jihad-

Requests in Italics
Special Events in **

Aw man. Come on guys! Where were the requests!? I bring a cute girl by the studio, trying to impress her and all, and I get the lowest request count since I was on Bad Transitions. Agh, now I look like a douche!

Narcisitic rant aside, we had a pretty decent show going. As stated before, I was joined in the studio by old high school buddy, Kitty. After Craig showed-up 20 minutes late, we were joined by Mike Gaskin where we had a discussion about how his junk became kosher. Immediately afterwards, the IM's lit up with people going on about how hilarious it was! Too bad we can't record our own shows.

Craig also when ape shit over how poorly Myspace is run. All those annoying error and maintenace messages have really been pissing us off, and Craig was disillusioned into beleiving it was gonna get better coz of all the "maintenance". Yeah right. He also had a good theory that Myspace actually doesn't cateer to the users, only the advertisers as the are their only source of revenue. Kinda makes ya think doesn't it? Its kinda hard to promote a crappy band like Nightmares Dreams Whispers and Screams (www.myspace.com/ndws) when 1. Myspace keeps failing you, and 2. YOU CAN'T EVEN PROMOTE IT ON YOUR OWN SHOW!!!!.

Also, Craig talked about what it was like to spearhead our first ever Mailing List Exclusive Content with a periodical editorial entitled Confessions of a Sleep-Deprived Mind. In this edition, he spoke about how people should not be in fear for their love of comic books, and told neigh sayers taht they are not just for kids. Wish to recieve future editions of this editorial? Go ahead and sign up for our mailing list which is now ever so conveniently linked at the top of the page! For those of you who did get it, we are anxious to get you 2 cents! MAKE COMMENTS HERE! PLEASE!

As the night progressed, we played our loads of new rock for you, including our featured artist of the week, The Pillows. We even did a few shout outs for fans, as well as a block of Sakurai Atsushi related music for Kitty who was having her first true exposure to J-Rock.

Other than this, it was a pretty sleepy night. Not much happened, spun alot of music, kept the webcam on Kitty most of the night, made a few plugs, and that's about it.

And I don't like that. I know you guys tune in for inovation, excitement, and humor, as well as the music. So, I am very please to announce I have come up with the terms on how you can become my next co-host! I will put them up on this very site tomorrow.

Anyway, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE leave all comments you may have right here. Don't be silent! I wanna know what you think, seriously! Good or bad, drop us a line!

-Roger

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah! i missed the damn show *curses* anyways... I'll listen next week if I don't get sick again... and I liked teh craig e-mail, you need to send out more fun stuff like that in e-mail!

2:21 PM, February 12, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

About the show:
I love your show!
I always want to make a lot of requests, but I haven't wanted to do that because I fugured a lot of other people would be making requests so I didn't feel right about making a lot of requests. A lot of other listeners have probably felt the same way, so that is probably why you don't get more requests. I will start making a lot more requests, and if you are getting a lot of requests and you can't get to mine, then just let me know, ok?
About Confessions of a Sleep-Deprived Mind:
You know that I am an avid comic book fan! We talked about that a couple of weeks ago after I was fortunate enough to meet Stan Lee and get his autograph on 2 of the comics from my collection.
It is always the people who have never read a comic who think that they are for kids, and that is certainly not the case.
One of the things I have always loved most about Marvel comics is the problems their heroes have to deal with. They often risk their lives to save people, and sometimes even the world, and yet they are persecuted.

Keep up the great work!

5:29 PM, February 12, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I always want to make a lot of requests, but I haven't wanted to do that because I fugured a lot of other people would be making requests ... "

Agreed! I don't know very many bands anyway -__-; I'm a horrible fan, haha.

Myspace is hella annoying.

5:31 PM, February 12, 2006  
Blogger Becky said...

Aww... I would've sent you some requests if I'd been home to catch the show that night. I think that was like, the second or third show I've missed since the Bad Transitions days. :\ Looking forward to the next one though, as always.

6:06 PM, February 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home