Friday, November 25, 2005

The Crismson Sin - Tainted Reality Goth Edition

Coming up, tenatively Friday, December 16th (It depends on my final's week schedual), we will be doing our all Goth edition of Tainted Reality, The Crimson Sin. This is my attempt to educate you fellows out there, as well as have a reason to play 3 hours of non-stop Goth. I've noticed that some of you out there have a false perception of true Goth music. I'm gonna show that, in more than a couple circumstances, it's not too different from J-Rock. I guarentee that a few of you out there will be asking me to reccomend more works from bands that I'm going to play that night! You'll mostly be hearing the core Goth bands, such as The Mission UK, Sisters of Mercy, Switchblade Symphony, Alien Sex Feind, Christian Death, The Cure, and Bauhaus, but I'll also branch out a bit and play a little darkwave/ EBM with Razed In Black, VNV Nation, Type-0-Negative, and Zeromance, some of the new boys in Goth such as Tiamat, The Cruxshadows, The 69 Eyes, Lacuna Coil, The Last Dance, and (of course) HIM, as well as J-Goth bands like BLOOD, Noir Fluerir, Despair (Not D'espairs Ray, though if I get a good argument that they belong in a Goth show, I'll play them too), and Malice Mizer. Yes! I concider MM Goth, and I'll defend my case at the show!

So, tune in the week of Decmeber 16th (It's deffinately some primetime slot that week) For The Crimson Sin. Hopefully, you'll walk away from the night with a new outlook on the genre, and a few new fave bands and songs!

-Roger

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home